I'm not a great decorator.
I try, but it never turns out the way I envisioned it.
My living room has been bugging me.
I think mostly, I just needed a change.
Tired of the same ole view, ya know?
Here is the first little spot I changed.
It's a book shelf to the left of the kitchen doorway.
Before:
The bottom left is a little thing I painted. It says "Families are Bound By Love."
The last is a framed cross-stitch I made in 2002.
Here is a close up of my cross-stitch. It's country, folky, and I love it.
On the opposite wall, we have this lonely little clock.
Here is the after shot:
I bought this vase and arrangement today.
Actually, my husband did the arranging.
I tried and failed miserably.
I wanted a lighter color vase, but there were none to be found-unless I wanted ceramic, which I did not (four kids and ceramic vases do not mix).
I like it, but it doesn't look so great with the brown walls.
I might paint it one day. Not sure yet.
Here is another after shot:
The lonely little clock now has a friend.
I also spray painted the black iron candle holders I mentioned in the last post.
I used a metallic champagne color.
I'm happy with the result.
They aren't quite dry yet. I'll post pics later this week.
This is a work in progress.
I still have other ideas percolating in my little brain.
But, at least I have started.
That's the most important step, right? ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment