Today is my birthday.
I am 35 years old.
I was going to be cute and say I've turned 29 for the 7th year in a row, but you know what?
I honestly don't mind being 35.
I don't mind be 30-something at all.
I think this is my favorite decade so far.
30-something feels like true adulthood.
When you're in your 20s, you think you're an adult.
Legally, and in many other ways, you are an adult.
But, at least in my experience, you don't feel like an adult until your 30s.
I hope I'm making sense.
I'm rambling anyway, so I'll move on to the important stuff: presents!
I received my birthday gift from Jamie in October. (Impatient much?)
It was an iPod touch that I dearly love.
My babies gave me bubble baths, candles, a nice coffee mug, earrings, my favorite kind of peppermints, and a rose.
I also got a case for my ipod, 4 Dover coloring books (Godey's Fashions, Old Fashioned Farm Life, Animal Family Fun, and Fairyland), and a big pack of 72 colored pencils.
My dad gave me some delicious chocolate chocolate chip birthday cookies. :-)
Tomorrow we will be having a movie marathon with lots of goodies to eat.
New Year's Eve is one of our favorite holidays.
It's fun to stay home, chill out, and stuff our faces. lol
I'm not sure what movies we're going to watch yet, but the menu has been planned.
We will be dining on:
pigs-in-a-blanket
spinach dip
crab dip
pineapple-strawberry dump cake
apple dump cake
brownies
Not a single thing on the menu is good for you, unless you count the spinach, but who cares?
It's celebrating time!
We will make a trip to the fireworks stand for sparklers and champagne poppers to use for ringing in the new year.
I really like New Year's Eve.
It's my 3rd favorite holiday- after Christmas and Thanksgiving.
I love the idea of a clean slate, a brand new year just waiting to be written.
Besides, I kind of think of it as my holiday since it comes the day after my birthday. ;-)
Until Next Time.....
No comments:
Post a Comment