Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 in Review

What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before? I can't think of a thing

Did you keep your new years' resolutions and will you make more for next year?I don't make resolutions. They are too hard to keep. I make goals some times, but I didn't this year. I will be setting some goals for this year. Look for them in a later post.

Did anyone close to you give birth? Nope

Did anyone close to you die? No, thank God.

What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? more energy, more time, normal sleep patterns

What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? June 9- when we saw Coldplay in concert. I know I'm a little old to be giddy over a band, but I do love Coldplay. :-)

What was your biggest achievement of the year? overcoming

What was your biggest failure? catching up on the school work we missed last year due to my illness- I'd planned to be back on track by this time, but it didn't happen. We WILL be caught up by this summer, though

Did you suffer illness or injury? No. I spent this year recovering from 2008

What was the best thing you bought? It's a tie between my laptop and my iPod touch

Where did most of your money go? feeding and clothing my 4 children

What did you get really, really, really excited about? seeing Coldplay in concert :-)

What song will always remind you of 2005? Death & All His Friends by Coldplay- the whole Viva La Vida album, really, but this is the one that stands out.

Compared to this time last year, are you:

a. happier or sadder? happier

b. thinner or fatter? fatter, unfortunately. The medication I was on made me gain more weight than I care to disclose

c. richer or poorer? about the same

What do you wish you'd done more of? enjoying the moment

What do you wish you'd done less of? negative things like complaining, arguing, etc.

How did you spend Christmas? with a sick family. It's ok though. In spite of that, it was a nice and low-stress Christmas this year

Did you fall in love in 2009? nope

What was your favourite TV program? I didn't watch much televison this year. We watched Monk and Psych. I also spent a lot of time watching Mystery Science Theater on YouTube.

What was the best book you read? I didn't read anything really fabulous this year. I'd have to say either "Embrace Me" by Lisa Samson or "The Murder of Roger Ackroyd" by Agatha Christie

What was your greatest musical discovery of 2009? Snow Patrol. I'd heard them before this year, but I really fell in love with their music after seeing them in concert and exploring their stuff.

What did you want and get? Snow!!! Also laptop, iPod, seeing Coldplay (!), a trip to New Orleans,and a night at the casino with my family. It was a good year in that respect. :-)

What did you want and not get? a remodeled kitchen, but it's coming this year!

What was your favorite film of this year? Easy: The Princess and the Frog

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 35 the day before yesterday. We didn't do anything special, but it was nice just the same.

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? I can't think of a thing- this was a good year

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009? Fashion? hahaha Not many people mention that word and my name in the same sentence. I dress strictly for comfort. Jeans and t-shirts are my staples.

What kept you sane? God, cymbalta, xanax, and music

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Governor Jindal- I do love that man in a way that is pure and good. America needs more men like him.

What political issue stirred you the most? Obama. And not in a good way. Ugh.

Who did you miss? my brother :-(

Who was the best new person you met? my sister-in-law, Kristina

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009: This year can be summed up in one word: hope. Even when things seem to be bleakest- there is always hope. There is nothing God cannot see us through.

Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: Everything rides on hope now. Everything rides on faith some how. When the world has broken me down, your love sets me free. (Hope Now by Addison Road)


Look for more New Year posts coming soon.

No comments: