Saturday, December 5, 2009

Friday Illustrated

Today was a good day.
My husband got home early.
We made gumbo and sweet potatoes for supper.


While we were cooking, the little ones made this:Aren't they cute? The best part is that it only cost $1 for both! I picked them up at the Dollar Tree along with a few other cute Christmas crafts.



While we were eating supper, someone looked out the window and saw this:
It snowed!
Snow.
In South Louisiana!
We got about 2-3 inches.
The kids made snowmen, snow angels, and had snowball fights.
It was awesome.
I am so happy they got to experience this.
I don't remember ever seeing snow EVER-
and it's snowed for the past 3 year years in a row.
Amazing.
Today was the best, though. This is the most snow we've ever had.

After all the snowy excitement, my little man spent most of the night doing this:*note his left-handedness ;-)
He loves to write.
He says he wants to be a "writer person that knows all the words in the world so he can write all the time." :-)
He gets frustrated that he isn't learning fast enough.
He doesn't know how to write many words yet, so he will write a bunch of random letters.
His newest love is copying words out of a picture dictionary.
He will solemnly work in his notebook, then proudly show me the words he's written.

It is very late.
In fact, it is tomorrow already. lol
I have insomnia, as usual.
The kids are not sleeping well either because they want to go play in the snow again in the morning.

Tomorrow (later today) I plan to wrap most of the Christmas gifts and finish making my
stars/tree garland.
It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas. :-)

Until Next Time.........

No comments: