Monday, November 23, 2009

I Have Decided

that we shall have hand-made ornaments only this year.

Later this week we will put up our tree. We'll add lights only. The boxes of ornaments will not even leave the attic.

During the weeks before Christmas, we will spend our evenings making ornaments for the tree. Perhaps as part of our Advent celebration.

There are two reasons for this.

1. I'm a bit scrooge-ish this year. I don't feel like decorating the whole house and hauling out the gazillion boxes of stuff that will require.

2. I think it will be fun. It will be a memory-maker for the kids, and perhaps even turn into a tradition.

I'm even thinking of simplifying our Advent stuff.
We have a nativity/advent wreath (the kind CBD sells).
I think this year we might make a simple wreath with green garland and candles instead.

I have a growing list of links to cute ornament and craft ideas.
I will share them in a later post.
Later this week, I plan on making a run to Wal-Mart to stock up on craft supplies.

It's going to be a simple, old fashioned Christmas at our house this year. :-)

1 comment:

Maria said...

oh oh oh oh, I LOVE this idea!!!!!

I may just steal it myself.........