Friday, November 27, 2009

Christmas Craftiness

While I was cooking for Thanksgiving, the kids worked on their first Christmas craft project.
I choose something very simple because I couldn't do much supervising .

They made foam snowflake ornaments from one of those kits Wal-Mart sells.
It kept the little one quiet and I was able to finish my cooking with little interruption. ;-)


Today they made garlands out of pipe cleaners and beads. It was easy. I had to close the circles for my 5 year old, but he had a blast stringing the beads.

Oh- I want to say a quick word about the table you see in this picture.
When my kids were younger (the oldest was about 4 at the time),
I wanted a table that they could use for crafting -
one that wouldn't matter if they got glue or paint all over.
It took some time, but I finally found the perfect one at a thrift shop in Texas.
It is a big coffee table.
It is perfectly square (not rectangle like most coffee tables).
I guess it's about 3 feet long on each side.
It's the perfect size and height for little guys to make a mess!

Lainie and I have been working on crocheted stars and trees.
I think we will make garland out of these and hang them over the fireplace.
I starched a lot of them today, but they aren't dry yet.
I'm anxious to see how it will come out!

I will be posting more pictures on Facebook as soon as possible.
I don't like putting pictures of my kids on this blog, I feel safer on FB.
I am having all sorts of problems with FB today.
Half the time I can't log in, and when I do log in, I can't post anything.
Grrr....
Hopefully it will be fixed soon.


Until Next Time.....

No comments: