Saturday, November 21, 2009

Stich Doodling

I started learning embroidery a couple of years ago.

I began practicing my stitches on this scrap of material.

That's why it's so..... random.

I found that I enjoyed playing and doodling on this thin piece of muslin.

I had my children write their names' on it and I embroidered over them.

I embroidered my name using different fonts.

I traced small pictures out of coloring books and off the internet to use as patterns.

I did some free hand stuff- like the obviously lopsided star at the bottom.



What I like the best about this is that there is no pressure.
If I mess up- so what?
It's totally purposeless and totally random.
I's not meant for anyone.
It's not supposed to be a great work of art.

It is merely an outlet for my crafty urges when I don't have anything else to work on.

Or when I'm tired of the projects I've been working on.

Like now.

I gave up on the loom knitted cap that I wrote about in a previous post. After several tries, I decided I would simply BUY a cap. lol

I am currently working on 3 crochet projects, all of which I have lost enthusiasm for.

I didn't want to start another big project, but I felt the need to create, so I turned to this trusty stand-by.

It has never let me down. :-)


Until Next Time............


P.S. Sorry about the poor picture quality. The lighting was not cooperating that day. ;-)

No comments: