It's been quite awhile, hasn't it?
My last post was January 2011!
I want to start blogging again because I used to enjoy it.
I discovered Tumblr and Pinterest and that stole most of my blogging time.
I'm going to try to get back in the habit, just don't expect anything profound or incredibly interesting. lol
I have quite a bit of catching up to do.
I'll start with my last post: my goals for 2011.
1. Read more than last year- I’m setting a goal of 40 books this year.
Oh, so close! I read 37.
2. Teach youngest child to read by this summer. This was accomplished. In fact, he far exceeded my expectations. Using only Bob Books and my own knowledge of phonics, he learned to read in only a few months. He is currently in first grade, but he reads on a third grade level. He is also doing third grade math. He's a natural learner. He makes teaching effortless. I couldn't be prouder!
3. Read books I already have instead of buying more! This is a big fat FAIL. I think I bought more books last year than ever before. :-/
4. Make afghans for Christmas gifts. Another fail. I made 2 afghans last year. One I gave to my MIL for Mother's Day and the other I kept for myself.
5. Complete all of my UFO’s before starting more! Ha ha ha ha! Nope.
6. Write in my gratitude journal at least twice a week. I started out well on this one, but fell out of the habit again. I think part of the reason is that I really don't like the journal I'm using for it. If I don't like the feel of a book, I don't feel the urge to write in it.
7. Love more, laugh more, say “yes” more, choose joy, and remember the things that are important in life. I like to think I did this.
My "theme" for 2011 was "Rightly Dividing." The Lord came through with this in a big way. It is a bit personal, and I might write about it later. This year's theme is "trust." I need to write about these themes because every year they have been bringing me closer and closer to.... something. I don't know where the journey will end, but I know it's a healing process.
I didn't make any goals this year, other than to read 50 books. I guess I'll have to make regular blogging a goal too. :)
Until Next Time....
No comments:
Post a Comment