In an attempt at regular blogging, I'm going to use the following as a jumping-off point.
This post was originally posted in January on my Tumblr (which is mostly arts & crafts based, and where I have many more followers than I do on here. Heh.).
Since starting my art journal,I have found that I LOVE painting and drawing. However, I am not good at it. At all. But it gives me a creative outlet, it relaxes me, and it’s just very therapeutic for me.
If my goal was the finished product, I would have given up a long time ago.
I just want to encourage all of you to do the things you love to do— even if you think you stink at it. You don’t have to show anyone your work. Do it for you and you alone.
If you’ve read my “About Me” page you know that I talk a little about crafting as therapy. I can’t stress how much crocheting, embroidery, and now drawing has helped me through my struggle with anxiety and depression. If you have something similar I would highly suggest giving any sort of crafting a try. Find something you enjoy and try to do it every day.
If you’re blessed with perfect mental health, it’s still a good idea to feed your soul by doing something you love- even if the results are less than desired.
And that’s my two cents for today. :)
Learning that lesson was so freeing. The purpose for doing something really does make a difference.
Since that was written I have continued to make bad art and enjoy every minute of it. I've even improved a little. :)
Next time I will write about my current projects.
No comments:
Post a Comment