What’s the Thursday 13?
The Thursday 13 is a weekly meme with a simple theme: each Thursday you blog a list of 13 things. What kind of things? Any kind! Just come up with a list theme and run with it.
Thirteen web sites I have enjoyed recently
1. 10 Seed Starting Tips
Jaden loves watching seeds grow. He's absolutely fascinated by them.
Today we planted lots of veggie seeds in those little biodegradable cups.
We are starting them indoors. We'll transfer them once they're established.
We will be growing them in pots instead of in a garden.
This site offers great tips to ensure your seeds will grow.
2. Stitch-a-Day
Offers a new embroidery stitch tutorial every day.
There's also an index of past stitches on the right of the page.
I try new stitches every night on my doodle stitching thingy.
3. Embroidery group on Flickr
lots of pictures of embroidery work- inspiring!
4. Vintage Embroidery Patterns (Flickr group)
tons of free vintage patterns
5. Children's Embroidery -another Flickr group, projects done by children.
Flickr provides such great inspiration for any craft!
6. Filth Wizardry
One of the best site for kids' crafts I've ever seen!
I think we might try the aluminum foil fairy circle (toadstools).
7. Attic24
one of my all-time favorite blogs- I love the colors, the pictures, the tutorials.
It's a very pretty blog.
8. Craftzine.com
highlights the best of craftiness around the web
9. Eat Close to Home
More specifically, she has 2 months' worth of easy vegetarian recipes available in pdf form.
I haven't read them all yet, but from what I've seen they are all easy and use simple ingredients.
10. Container Vegetable Gardening
I'm going to give this a try this year.
It seems much easier than planting a big garden.
We always start a garden with good intentions, but it never produces as well as it should.
Mainly because we don't tend it as we should.
It's an incredible amount of work to keep the weeds out and to keep it watered properly.
In the middle of a scorching Louisiana summer, that's quite an undertaking!
11. Gardening How-To (Gardener's Supply Co.)
Very good gardening articles and tutorials.
12. Bread Machine Recipes (RecipeZaar)
almost 800 recipes!
13. Holy Experience
Always gives you something to think about, beautifully written, just wonderful!
This is a link to a recent post I liked. Click on the "home" link to read more.
No comments:
Post a Comment