Sunday, March 7, 2010

Random Ramblings

I have been making an attempt to eat more healthy.
I haven't written about it before now because I wanted to be sure I could stick to it!
It has been surprisingly easier than I thought it would be.

I am eating an almost totally vegetarian diet- it's been 3 weeks since I last ate meat.
I'm not going to say that I'm a vegetarian because I probably will eat meat from time to time. I'm not a big fan of meat. I never have been. I only like chicken, shrimp, and occasionally bbq.
I don't know why I didn't make the logical switch ages ago!

For the most part, my changes are as follows:
*eating mostly vegetarian meals
*no high fat snacks- the cookie jar has (literally) been replaced by a fruit bowl.
Believe it or not, my children have not complained!
*no fast food
*limited sugar intake

If you would have told me a few months ago that I would be doing this I would have laughed in your face.
I am/was the queen of junk food consumption.
This would have seemed an impossible task.

I can't tell you exactly how it happened, but it did.
I don't miss the old way of things at all.
In fact, I feel better in more ways than one.

The best part is that my family is on board too!
Who'da thunk it? lol


This week's to-do list goals:
*make wheat bread
*make raisin bread
*price ceiling tiles
*finish cleaning up my iPod
*finish at least one of the three books I am currently reading
*find good vegetarian recipes
*plan this year's garden
*clean my bedroom, my bath, and the play room

This weekend was the most lovely weekend we've had in a long time!
It was sunny and warm.
We played outside almost all weekend.
We played badminton, the kids rode their bikes, I read under my tree, hubby and I spent some time alone outside. It was so. nice.
There is nothing like the first spring day after a long, cold winter.


Currently:
reading: The Principle of the Path, I Scream, You Scream, and Gilt by Association
(that's 3 different books ;-))

watching: Keeping Up Appearances

making: just finished an embroidery project, not sure what I'll be working on next, probably something small

playing: Fishdom (shockwave)



Well, I think I have rambled enough for now.

Until next time............

No comments: