Praise You in this Storm
Recently I went through a serious battle with anxiety.
In October, life was going on as normal, then one morning everything changed.
I was barely functioning.... for no apparent reason.
It took some time, but the doctors finally diagnosed me with General Anxiety Disorder.
That sounds so mild, doesn't it? Almost harmless? "General anxiety."
It's anything but mild and harmless.
Forgive my language, but it was pure hell on earth.
I was having constant panic attacks, my face was numb, I was shaking continually, and I had no energy.
I could barely get out of bed, I couldn't eat or sleep.
It went on forever.
We tried many medications before finding one that worked.
Some of the first ones I tried made me much, much worse.
I didn't feel anywhere near normal until January.
I am still fighting this battle.
It's nowhere near as bad as it was in the beginning, but I am constantly aware of it.
Everyday I have to remind myself of how far God has carried me.
Everyday I have to remind myself of His promises.
Everyday I have to cling to Him.
Sometimes the only thing I can do is hold on to a song.
He's given me many songs to see me through this battle.
I will have more to share on this story in the future, but for now I just want to share my playlist,
my "life lines", the songs I hold on to when that's all there is.
"Praise You in this Storm" playlist
Set Me Free- Casting Crowns
Flood- Jars of Clay
Strong Tower- Kutless
You Never Let Go- Matt Redman
Never Let Go- David Crowder Band
Hold Me Jesus- Rich Mullins
Part the Waters Lord / I Need Thee Every Hour- Selah
Come Rest- Considering Lily
Praise You in this Storm- Casting Crowns
All My Praise- Selah
Carry You-Amy Grant
Rescue- Promise Keepers
Rescue Me- Selah
Let it Rain- Jason Heinze
Jesus Calling- 33 Miles
Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone)- Chris Tomlin
You Carried Me- Building 429
Bring the Rain- MercyMe
Hold Fast- MercyMe
I Need You- Jars of Clay
Even This- Wayne Watson
Only You- David Crowder Band
How Great is Our God- Chris Tomlin
1 comment:
love you!!! Forever!
Post a Comment