I have recently complete 2 afghans, and I am currently working on 2 more.
The first afghan belongs to my son Matthew (11 years old).
He chose the colors and pattern. It's very simple- the whole thing is worked in double crochet.
I already had all of these colors, so it didn't cost me a penny to make.

The next one is Lainie's. She wanted one to match her bedroom, which is aqua and lime green.
She added the purple because a girl's gotta have a little purple in her life, right? lol
It's made just like the first one. Double crocheted stripes. Each stripe = 1 skein of yarn.

I am now working on one for C (13) in shades of brown. I've just started it, so it will be quite some time before I'm finished.
I'm also working on a funky blanket for my youngest. You see, I got this huge stash of yarn from the Salvation Army. Unfortunately, it is mostly very wild colors from the 60s/70s. I started making a few squares with them, then decided to forget about that project because I didn't like it. Jaden (4 years old) happened to see the squares and he loved them. He asked me to make him a blanket with them, so he will have a very bright, psychedelic blanket when I'm done. lol
Here is my Salvation Army stash. They are in a 3 bushel basket. It's a BIG stash.
I've already used up a few of the brighter colors, but you can get the general idea from this picture.
This picture is a little dark, so the colors are even brighter than shown here.

Did you know that you can wash skeins of yarn before using them? When I got these from the S.A., they were a bit dusty. I put 2-3 into a pillow case and washed and dried them in the machine. They came out just fine. I was surprised it worked!
This is my other stash. Yes, that is a 20 gallon bucket full to overflowing.
I dare say this will keep me busy for quite some time...... not to mention my thread yarn stash....and a few more I have stashed away in my closet.
I think I may have a slight addiction, do ya think?
1 comment:
wooooooooooooooooow that is a lot of
that stuff
Post a Comment