Wednesday, October 6, 2010

In Which I Promote the Benefits of Journaling

I realize most people aren't interested in this.... if you aren't then you don't have to read. :-P

I feel like I need to write down these mundane things because these mundane things are my life....and as plain, ordinary, or boring as they may seem, I don't want to forget them.

Moments slip past so quickly.
Things we think we'll remember are forgotten as time marches on.

I've always felt this great need to preserve memories.
That is why I'm a huge fan and promoter of journaling- whether it is blogging, paper journaling, gratitude journaling, or just keeping a book to jot down quick observations and cute things kids say.

Time flies by, and he isn't very kind.
When all is said and done, all we have are our memories.
So get out there and make memories for you children, and write it all down, take photos, keep a journal or a scrapbook.
You won't regret it.

And that's just ONE of the benefits of journaling.......I won't go into the others today. ;-)

/soapbox

Now on to my list of this weeks' mundaneness.....

* the boys made a "fire pit" in our back yard.
It's not an actual pit.
They made a ring with big river rocks.
It's nice. Much prettier than just a big black spot in the yard. lol
They've also been collecting twigs and branches from my mom's yard to make fires with
(just one of the benefits of my big ole pick up truck (I'm a Silverado girl) is that we can
bring them home by the truck load)

*Needless to say, we've been having quite a few bonfires.
We call them bonfires, but they're not.
Bonfires are supposed to be really big, aren't they?
Well, ours are wee little bonfires. lol
There's nothing quite like a roasted hot dog, and a chilly evening watching the stars.


* I've resumed working on my hexagon afghan.
I've started sewing my hexagons together.
I don't remember when I started them- May, maybe?
I've got all of them sewn into strips, now I just need to sew the strips together.
I'll need to make some more hexagons too, because it isn't going to be long enough.

* I'm still slowly but surely working on my black and gold knitted scarf.

* Dewey's Read-a-Thon is this weekend! Woot, woot!
We had a blast doing it in the spring, and I'm really looking forward to this one.

* I've been doing a lot of reading lately.
Mainly due to the fact that my internet has been down for nearly 2 weeks. lol
I read "Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde," "The Body in the Library," and half of "The Hunger Games" in the last 3 days. I started 3 or 4 other books that I quit reading because I didn't like them.

*My 6 year old said that when he is old enough to drive, he's going to get some flags to put on the windows.
One will have my picture on it.
The other will say "Mama." lol
I told him that he will probably change his mind by the time he is that age.
He said, "No, I won't change my mind, but I might forget about it.
But then I'll just have to think it up again!" lol
I can just imagine him driving around with my picture blowing in the breeze. lolol
The things these little guys come up with!

* Dem Saints are wracking my nerves this year. They cutting it soooo close every week.
It don't matter- win or lose I'm gonna love them anyway. :-)

* Newest favorite show: Swamp People...... love, love, love it!
My husband and son could totally be on there-they don't hunt alligators (though they would if they could!), but they spend almost every weekend in the bayou- hunting and fishing for various critters.

*It's SO nice to have internet back.
I didn't realize how much I use it until it was missing!

Well, that's all the mundaneness I can think of for now.

Until Next Time...............






No comments: