I have said many, many times before that I absolutely HATE summer.
The heat, the humidity, the boredom, the days that never seem to end, the health issues, etc, etc, etc.
Well.
Would you believe it?
I am actually enjoying this summer, in spite of the super high temps. we've been having.
(It was 105 yesterday, according to a bank sign).
Every day the kids and I wake up, straighten up the house a bit, then head outside.
We swim, lie out in the sun, swim some more, read while we dry off, then go inside for something to eat.
In the late afternoon we swim some more.
Then we end the day by hanging out in the backyard, having ice cream or snow cones, watching the birds settle down for the night, and reading until the it's too dark to see.
It's amazing the difference a pool makes! lol
We've had pools before, but I always had a baby or toddler to watch out for so I never used it.
Now that the kids are all old enough to swim, I am free too! :-)
I am still a winter girl at heart, but I am so very happy to be having a good summer!
P.S. I even have quite a nice tan. ;-)
2 comments:
true and true it is a good summer
oops that was me mama
Post a Comment