
"Keep quiet and say one's prayers-certainly not merely the best, but the only things to do if one would be truly happy; but, ashamed of asking when I have received so much, the only form of prayer I would use would be a form of thanksgiving."~Elizabeth von Arnim
For those of you who are wondering, this isn't strictly a list of things I'm thankful for. It's also a list of things that make me happy, things I like, and things I want to remember.
I explained more about the origins of my list here.
You can also click on the graphic at the top to find out more and/or read other people's lists.
3456. my son's dry humor
3457. my wonderful, oh-so-comfortable reclining bungee chair
(it is exactly like this one- but mine's red)- it is where I read outside every day
3458. perfect avacados
3459. fresh, home grown tomatoes
3460. rearranging furniture
3461. falling in love with a new author (Elizabeth von Arnim)
3462. spray on sunblock
3463. having my husband home for 2 weeks
3464. strawberry shortcake
3465. reading outdoors until dark
3466. my daughter lying next to me, in her chair, reading along with me
3467. having favorite comfy spots throughout the house and yard
3468. laughing at stupid songs that get stuck in my head
3469. having a lunch date with my 13 year old son
3470. not being ashamed of the state my house has fallen into while I spend my days out in the yard (well, not *too* ashamed- just don't come over unexpected, k?)
No comments:
Post a Comment