Wednesday, May 12, 2010

In My World This Week

It's been awhile since I've blogged.
Mostly we've been busy working on the kitchen.
We are almost done- we only have one more set of cabinets left to paint.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm going to do a bullet post because I need to do a quick "brain dump" rather than a long, rambling blog post. ;-)

* I bought a battery operated fan today. It's SO nice to have a fan when I'm laying out trying to get some sun.

* Despite several hours walking and laying out this week, I am still as white as a sheet. :-(

* Not that I mind being white very much, it's just that my face looks a bit sickly.

* I've been laying on the trampoline. Oh my, WHY have I not discovered that before?!
It's the best place ever. I bring an old blanket, my pillow, and my kindle and I can spend
quite a while out there. (until it gets too hot, that is ;-))

* Mother's Day was nice. I was given the gift of chocolate and Pogo. What more could I possibly want? lol

* My brother and I gave my mom an iPod touch. She's loving it. :-)

* We also had a crawfish boil.

* What I really want is more crab! Ummmm...... crabs are the best.

* I finished reading the New Testament.

* I can't wait for our tomatoes to ripen. My mouth is watering for homegrown tomatoes!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bullet post over.
Now it's time for a crafty update.



My 10 year old daughter made this.
It is Walden from "Wow, Wow, Wubzy!"



















My daughter also made this.
She gave it to me for Mother's Day.
It is a purse for my Kindle.
It fits perfectly. I love it.










Finally, this is the afghan I made for
my husband.
LSU colors, of course. ;-)


I am still working on my hexagons.
I plan on taking all summer to make them.
It's going to be a big blanket.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Currently:
reading: Crocodile on the Sandbank- Elizabeth Peters

watching: nothing at the moment. I just finished watching "King of the Hill" season 12.
I guess I'll be starting season 4 of 24 soon.

making: crochet hexagons, though I'm getting tired of them. I might take a break and do some embroidery.

playing: I'm loco for Pogo! (pogo.com)

thinking: that I need to make plans for this summer; that I need to prep Jaden's school stuff before we start back next month; and that I'm really, really not looking forward to post-kitchen remodeling clean up

No comments: