Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My World This Week

This is my kitchen.

It was brown and dreary.

Every single inch of it was stained wood: cabinets, walls, moldings- everything was brown and depressing.

You can still see the unpainted cabinets in this picture.

The brown has been replaced with bright, cheery, COLORFUL, orange.
It is quite a difference!

The cabinets are still not painted, but everything else is done.

The new counter tops will be in tomorrow.

The new flooring will be installed Friday.

I am going to buy a new 7 piece dining set Friday.

Hopefully the cabinets will be finished (painted and new hardware) before Jamie has to go back to work Monday.

I don't like the whole home improvement process, but it's such a wonderful feeling once it's done. Especially when it's a drastic change like my kitchen.

There's something freeing about getting rid of ugly brown walls.
I feel like I can breathe easier.

I can't wait to see the finished product!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Gorgeous!!

Pattie said...

That color!!!!! I love it!