Sunday, March 21, 2010

Hexagon Love

I have fallen in love with hexagons.
They are fun and easy to make once you get the hang of it.
I love the way the blankets look- so colorful- almost like quilts.

I've been browsing Flickr and Google images for pictures of them.
The color combinations are endless.
My favorite is the randomly mixed up colors with no particular scheme.
They look like fields of wildflowers.

Here are a couple of my favorites (they are linked).






































Here are my first hexagons:

The one on the right was the first one I made.
It's a little off, but I decided I would use it anyway.













I also want to share a picture of my new yarn basket.

I love, love, love it!

I bought it at Wal-Mart for just $10. You can't beat that.














Look how big it is!

It's currently holding 15 skeins of yarn.

It's perfect for holding the many colors I'll need for my hexagons.

1 comment:

Memories of yesterday said...

LOVE the basket and the hexagons. I'm starting some small granny squares, but I just adore all the flickr inspiration!