Thursday, March 18, 2010

Afghans Galore!

I am beginning to plan a crochet project for the coming dreary days of summer.
I find that keeping busy with a project helps to ride out the long, hot days.

Two years ago I made a babette blanket.
It is huge- a little bigger than queen size.
It took all summer to make the squares and then a few weeks into autumn to sew them
together.

I've been browsing for patterns.
I've listed my favorites below.
Since I want something small to work on (squares or smaller motifs instead of one big piece),
the ripple and double shells are out.

I am almost certain I will do the hexagon.
Now all I have to do is pick out the colors.
This is the hardest part for me.
I'm horrible at picking out colors.
I think I'll try to find ones close to the colors in the picture.


*Each picture is linked to its pattern. Just click the pic. ;-)


This is from a Flickr group.
There is no pattern.
I think it is interesting the way she did it using different squares and stripes.Attic24's Hexagon afghan (tutorial)Yo-Yo Afghan (tutorial)
9 yo-yos make up one square
Attic24's Neat Ripple Pattern (tutorial)Circle-in-a-Square granny (tutorial)
I like this one, but I'm not crazy about the white. Double shell stitch

1 comment:

Maria said...

I am with you, I have to work on small stuff as well. I did a baby afghan with small squares, in about 2 weeks, however, the large one I started for a wedding present got scrapped because I just couldn't do it. I will stick with small projects and work them into larger ones.

Have you seen crochetpatterncentral.com