Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Wednesday Illustrated

Besides the fact that I annoyed them most of the day by singing "The Lunch Lady Song" by Adam Sandler (Hoagies & grinders, hoagies & grinders, navy beans, navy beans, sloppy joe, slop, sloppy joe- lol), my kids had a good day.

First of all we made gingerbread cookies:

What? You've never heard of the Christmas dinosaur? lol

Afterwards, I gave them an early Christmas gift. They were sooooo happy. They played Nerf tag all afternoon.
My three sons, cowlicks and all. :-)


We ended the day with these fun items:The book on the left is a coloring book from when I was a kid.
The pictures are more detailed than most modern coloring books.

They produced such masterpieces as these:
Jaden loves penguins. He colored the first one to look just like a stuffed penguin he has.


This little snowman was just the right size to fit in Matthew's journal.


This is a page from the older coloring book.
See what I mean about the difference in detail?
Compare this one to the other pictures.

Out of all of these, here are the ones that were chosen to hang on the tree.
Guess who chose them? ;0)
I think it's cute that he chose to put them next to his favorite things, the penguins.
Then again, I shouldn't be surprised. It goes with the Christmas Dinosaur theme. ;-)

No comments: