Saturday, August 29, 2009

Happy Birthday, Lainie!

My daughter's birthday was yesterday.
She is now 10 years old.

She loves crocheting, knitting, reading, sewing, aqua and lime green, the Jonas Brothers, Tinkerbell, Jars of Clay, and occasionally still sleeping in her mama's bed.


Needless to say, this mommy's heart is not too happy about her growing old.

Of course I am happy to see my children growing and developing into the people they are meant to be, but the mommy in me wants them to be my babies forever.

I came across a blog post (with a photo) that I wrote yesterday a few years ago.
Oh my heart.

You can read it here.

This is what today looked like:


*image removed*


My big girl blowing out the candles on a cake she made herself. *sniff*


*image removed*

This is Lainie (complete with chocolate cake on her clothes lol), Caleb (my 13 year old), and Jaden (4 years old) playing with birthday balloons.

These years are so fleeting.
Tomorrow they will be grown and living their own lives.
They will have jobs and families and responsibilities.
So for today, play, my babies.
Play with balloons.
Eat lots of cake.
Sing the songs you love.
Laugh.
Tease.
Joke.
Be children.
And please, please, grow up slowly.

3 comments:

Memories of yesterday said...

That cake looks HUGE! Is it just the way the shot was set up? Because i think I want a cake that big!!!

Cajun Mama said...

It's just the camera angle. It's a normal sized cake. lol I wish I had a cake that big too!

Kathy B. said...

Well, that little ditty you wrote about her at four made me cry! Soooo sweet