
One of my favorite things about winter is soup.
I love soups and stews.
Of course, the winter staple here in Cajun country is gumbo.
At the slightest hint of colder weather, everyone runs to the store for gumbo fixings.
Personally, I don't love gumbo.
It's good once in a while, but I could take it or leave it.
I think it's because I'm not really a big meat eater, and gumbo is nothing but meat and "broth".
Also I've eaten it SO ridiculously much I think it's lost its appeal.
When I do eat gumbo I prefer it with lots and lots of rice, with a good sweet potato on the side.
This weekend I made corn chowder, which is my absolute most favorite soup in the world.
My mom made tortellini kale soup and shared it with us.
We've been eating soup like it's going out of style!
And of course there's chili (served over jiffy cornbread), and beef stew (served over rice).
Ummmm...... I'm making myself hungry.
I think I'm going to go eat a hearty bowl of kale soup now. ;-)
P.S. If anyone wants recipes, just leave a comment and I'll be glad to share.
No comments:
Post a Comment