Saturday, January 5, 2008

Blogging Manifesto

As I said, one of the reasons I moved my blog here is because I want a fresh start.

Blogging has recently become boring and mundane to me.
I felt uninspired.
I felt discouraged if I didn't get comments.
I had the bloggy blahs.

Now that I have a brand new blog, I am going to blog by a new set of rules:

1. I will blog whenever I feel like it. I may blog once a week or 10 times a day.

2. My posts may be very long, or they may be very short.

3. I will not be discouraged about comments (0r lack thereof).

4. This is my blog and I am going to blog for ME, not to try to get comments or be a "popular blogger" (though that would be nice ;-))


I remember when I first started blogging.
It was fun.
I wrote about my day.
I posted funny pictures, song lyrics, interesting links....anything that caught my eye.

Then I discovered comments.
I gradually began focusing on my readers instead of blogging just for fun.
I would try to think of things they would like to read and when I'd draw a blank I wouldn't blog.

I want to get away from that.
I want to be an authentic blogger again.
I want to recapture the fun of blogging. :-)

1 comment:

Cheri said...

Bookmarking ya, I'm glad to see you blogging again. I can't wait to see what 2008 holds.