I'm not in the mood for a big project.
Every night I settle down with a warm blanket, my craft box, and my laptop.
While watching Netflix (currently "The Good Neighbors"), I embroider, crochet, and knit the night away.
Granted, some of these turned out better than others.
Nonetheless, they have all served their purpose: keeping me entertained. ;-)
I favorite is the doily and the hankies.
This is one of the not-so-great ones.
I had a bunch of leftover cotton yarn.
Instead of throwing it away, I decided to make a dish cloth with it.
2 triangle dishcloths- again with the scrap cotton yarn
This is a handkerchief I embroidered for my daughter. She requested it.
It is red to match her purse.
This is a heart bookmark.
It's a bit rough.
It is thread crochet, and it is unblocked.
Those of you who have worked with thread know that a project isn't complete until it's blocked- and that it looks much, much better when it's blocked. ;-)
I'm waiting until I have several things, that I will do all my blocking at once.
This is a miniature doily. I really like it.
It, also, is unblocked. It will be much prettier when it has been blocked.
It is the perfect size to put under a teacup.
This teacup was my grandmother's.
It is quite old.
I remember her drinking her coffee out of it every day.
This is what I will be starting on tonight.
It is another hankie for my daughter.
As you can see, I've already ironed the pattern on.
It will be embroidered entirely in red.
I recently purchased 2 new pattern books, which I will be using some time in the next week or two.
They are:
Modern Primitve Embroidery and Colorful Stitchery
Books I've used for some of the things in this post:
Mini Doilies and 200+ Fun & Funky Embroidery Designs (the hankie embroidery.)
The heart bookmarks comes from Annie's Attic's 3 Dozen and One Bookmarks, which is out of print now.
The triangle dishcloths are from a free flyer I got at Michael's. It is Lily's Springtime Triangles Dishcloth. I was unable to find it online.
No comments:
Post a Comment